Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What I see

It's raining, really raining. When I look out the front window I see the Apple tree, in full bloom. When I look out the back window I see the pond and the meadow beyond. So much green, so rich in color, so much insulation. I feel well protected in my nest today. Things will be changing soon. The rain will stop, the blossoms will fall from the tree and all my plans will change,....again. It is worth contemplating, the surge of energy that comes with unexpected change, even when it's change for the better. To say that I couldn't imagine this life, this day, a year ago, that is hardly worth mentioning. To know in my soul that I couldn't have imagined this life, this day, a month ago, gives me great comfort in the ability of the human spirit to make it through treacherous times. But now I find myself knowing that I couldn't have imagined this life, this day, one week ago. That fact, I regard with awe.

There is a career on the horizon, in stark contrast to a "job". There is beauty in the daily discoveries. Old friends are back in my routine, new friends offer judgement-free support, and when I look in the mirror, I see a woman that I am proud to be, even when I look very very closely.

No comments: