Monday, May 28, 2007

add weed whacking to the list

And so my 60 hours of solitude have come to an end. I'm back home with daughters shouting for glasses of water, or ice cubes, and kittens climbing painfully up my legs, and laundry screaming to be folded. It's been wonderful to escape; and it's wonderful to return.

The drive up 89 though NH and into Vermont with the rolling green hills, the silhouetted grey blue mountains, the red tail hawks and "moose crossing" signs, make the end of any vacation a little easier to handle.

The s2bx is off to France tomorrow, (pronounced Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance). He admonished me for telling people that he was going to France. I must admit that it never occurred to me that this should be a secret. It was not out of any ill intent that I told every single solitary mutual friend that we have that he was going to France with his girlfriend. I mean - it's no secret, right? However, I will also admit, it buys me a whole lot of "understanding" from our friends and neighbors.

It is a nice prospect, these next 8 days with him out of the country. He tries to be helpful. It's just that it inevitably makes me a little stressed. Tonight I asked him where the oil was for the weed-whacker. I got a 20 minute "explanation" of how complex and special the weed-whacker was. It was followed by advice on what parts of the yard would be better mowed, or whacked. I smiled and nodded, and thought "international flight leaving tomorrow, then I can weed whack all I want!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shouldn't it be "wack all the weeds you want".
I'm glad your weedwacker is "special"
and is the pronounciation of Fraaaance from "Better off Dead"?
Will they be having french toast with french fries and french dressing?