Tuesday, May 15, 2007

dance?

The World is kicking stagnation in the ass. It seems that the act of taking my wedding band off on May first as a "new beginning" has opened me up to living a life that is not just out loud, it's swinging from the rafters. Just when I've relaxed into an outlook of simplicity and introspection, someone or someoneS begin to invite me to look outside myself and recognize that it might be fun to join the chaos. I wrote a poem about five weeks ago. One line was: "See the chaos for the dance that it is". I thought it was a beautiful sentiment, but I wasn't invested in it at the time. I was doing everything possible to avoid chaos. This morning, very early this morning, I am recognizing that the chaos is there, and if I really want to dance, I've got to jump in at some point.

No comments: