Sunday, May 27, 2007

"Adriane!!"

It's cold. It's nice. I like it. The breeze is chilly and cleansing. I thought that I had figured out the coffee maker. Apparently not. The joyful taste of yesterday's coffee, has been left behind. I actually dumped the first pot , it was that bad. Now I'm struggling through the revised version. Nothing like the magical brew my hosts usually make. Same machine, same beans, hmmm....what is it about getting to the know the quirks of one's own machine?

The dog that I am spending the weekend with? She is such a pleasure. She is snugly, all 75 pounds of Pit/Lab mix. She thinks that she should be a lap dog, but she has very bony elbows! This morning, the dog and I were still sleeping at 9:45 am when I was woken up by the sounds of Rocky Balboa out my window. It was full on "Adriane !" accent and attitude. He was not pleased that his friend was still asleep and hadn't left the door unlocked. He carried on an entire conversation, playing both parts, arguing with his sleeping friend about just how many bars they had or hadn't gone to the night before. I do know that the Philly accent and the Gloucester accent are not the same. I suspect that is was that special, strained, guttural execution that marked the similarity between the neighbor and Stallone. The joy of it all was that I didn't have to get up. I could lay there and listen, drift back to sleep for a little longer myself, and then get up when I was good and ready for coffee..unfortunately, note above, not a good reason to get up today.

No comments: