Friday, March 23, 2007

Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

U2-song, and so true. I am the luckiest woman in the world. My friends have said the most beautiful things, thank you. Yes, it's all good. Tomorrow he'll be moving furniture out and I can rearrange, and hang all my jeans in the closet instead of trying to keep them folded in a drawer. I can burn incense whenever I want and I can talk on the phone while lying in bed, all activities that weren't comfortable before now.
I was ranting to myself in my car (it's a wopping 4 minute commute!) about the fact that I wanted a signing bonus for just making it through the week. Between the four therapists, the orthodontist for TWO kids, and getting the oil changed in my car it's a wonder that I can get to my job, much less juggle the two jobs I'm currently working to try and establish my own income. All the same, being on my own is terrific.
My daughter and I were sitting on the bed watching Jon Stewart (the 8pm showing of course) and she turned to me and said "I'm pretty sure that I'm heterosexual, but it's nice to know that I can change my mind if I want to." At that moment, I knew I was doing something right as a parent. In the next moment she tried to disect his sarcastic political humor, it seems I may have modeled some pretty uber-liberal beliefs for her too.
It's another weekend, more movies, more relaxing, and more loud music on the stereo while I clean the house and wait for the snow to melt.

No comments: