Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday in Edinburgh

I haven't been here in awhile (the blog, not Edinburgh).

This morning I saw the sunrise over architecture that is older than my home country. This morning I walked from pub to pub in the old town looking for a place to have "just one more". I will insist that this was a date. A good old fashioned, buy a girl a pint and take her to a show date. We, in fact, went to two shows, and had far more than one pint. My companion is delightful and thoroughly smitten with a very lucky single mother back at his home, which is not his home but only where he lives. I get the distinct impression that he hasn't found his home just yet.

Surprises found in music, honesty and humor.

Walking briskly home in the bright morning sun of 6:00am, down the city streets of a foriegn land - this has been an evening for the soul. Nothing about it that I would change. I was even treated to s Scottish brawl at the Mexican bar requiring the bartender to leap over the bar (using my shoulder as a catapult).

There is far more that I muse about, and much work to be done. So coffee is the priority; not blogging and smiling about a sweet night captured in the shadow of a castle.

No comments: