Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm OK with that.

"When the rain comes, they run and hide thier heads, they may as well be dead, when the rain comes."

I just found the vinyl 45 of my favorite cover of that song. It makes me happy. However, the rain that will be here for the next three days seems to scream..."update your computers while you can't go outside." I've been postponing this task for weeks. My desktop fan is on constantly and very loud. My laptop is still running Windows ME. It's also missing the "M" key, but I've begun to find that a charming quirk. So, now the rain is here, I'll run and hide my head, and try to do a little digital Spring Cleaning.

My plan was to get out on the bike this weekend and try and loosen up my winter knees. I will not be riding in the rain. My bike. I had this scheme to trade-in my bike, which is too small, and treat myself to a new hybrid that actually fit me. I shared this intention with my soon-to-be-X husband. He was very supportive of the idea. I actually believe that he is still trying to justify spending a few hundred dollars on his own biking interests last year. These interests, incidentally, included his extremely fit friend. I made all my arangements to bring the bike to the hip, local, bike shop and he (the soon-to-be-X) calls me and says that he just happened to be talking about my trade-in plans and someone has a hybrid that would fit me, and would I be interested, therefore avoiding the expense and the hassle (fun) of shopping for something for myself.

Considering my finances, this seems like a good idea. He leaves it in the garage for me to check out in the afternoon. It does fit perfectly. It is not hip, it is not new, but it's free. Next week I'll be riding around on my soon-to-be-X husband's girlfriend's hand-me-down not fancy bike. ...but I'm OK with that. Now I can spend the money I planned for the bike?..... on a tatoo.

No comments: