Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's time for a new chiropractor

Traveling for thirteen hours with a suitcase and a backpack on planes, rental cars and running through the airport in my clogs caused some twisting and turning of the vertebrea in my back and neck. This is not new. I am grateful that the hiking and vacationing were painfree, but it means that I was off to the uber-Republican chiropractor today. The assistant rubbed the stinky vapor cream on my back while she told me all about rebuilding her four wheeler. Then the doc came in and told me two of the EXACT SAME stories that he told me last time I was there. I was simply trying to stay relaxed as he suddenly used all his force to twist my neck into unatural positions, making frigntening (but gratifying) cracks and pops. Then, for some reason, he went off on Paris Hilton. This surprised me, both in it's random introduction to his monolgue and the general content. You see, he was explaining that Americans are not as mature as Europeans. He was saying how unfortunate it is that our young people aspire to the likes of celebrities for hire. The interesting part was the number of details he had commited to memory about her daily life. He could tell me which clubs paid her the most to show up and get photographed dancing at thier place. He even knew where she parked her private jet when she was in Miami. Then the kicker....he says "I read People magazine every Monday, and I can't believe all the things she does. I don't understand how she became a celebrity."


It's time for a new chiropractor.

No comments: