Monday, April 9, 2007

Bon bons and beer

Easter bunny has come and gone. He didn't re-do my bathroom, or repair the vacuum cleaner, but the kids are happy. I spent two days with the "X-husband" - not "X" yet, but you get the idea. We went to his brother's house and saw a collection of his siblings and thier kids. The most akward part, his MOm gave me a big hug, and she won't speak to him. I guess she has a problem with the whole "other woman" thing, who d'ave thunk? Apparently the whole fam damliy has decided that nobody's gonna tell the Grandmother, who is two years past 100, about our "troubles". It was decided (by a bunch of other people) that she wouldn't be able able to handle it, and we could just fake it for a while. They are probably right, but there is a tiny part of me that wonders how he'd handle the rejection from his own grandmother. He seems to think that everyone is going to just tell him how happy they are for him. Unfortunately, that's not how things have been going.
I'm still waiting for the damn snow to melt. I don't run, I just don't. I don't have the time or the money to join a gym. If I want to go fast it will be on a motorcycle or a fast little sailboat. One person (me) and an aparatus that glides, I skate fast, I ride fast, I do NOT run fast. The only hope I have of any fitness of any kind is riding my bicycle (and I'm not a crazy college student riding in the 28 degree crispy morning air). So the f-ing snow has to melt before I can begin to work off the something fried with cheese meals that are a highlight of mud season around here.
Someone recently told me to "visualize what I want" and pursue it. So I'm visualizing a pub, a walk in the hills, sleeping in, and writing in a little composition notebook, and being alone. If I put all that together, I know what I want. I want to go on vacation so I can walk to a pub, drink beer and write in my little notebook for as long as I please. The good news is; that's exactly what I'll be doing next week - - - so I can manage a few more days with my faulty ipod, carple tunnel, and love handles. It's bon bons and beer in the UK for me soon enough!

No comments: