Friday, April 13, 2007

Spaghetti straps or Snow Boots?

Snow. Snow and Ice. Snow and Ice and School. Snow and Ice and School on the day before the Spring Vacation starts. I have a sore throat. I am getting on my first international air flight ever in two days and I have a sore throat. Happy and Angry. Happy about vacation, angry that there is a nor'easter scheduled to arrive in the same hour that my plane is scheduled to depart. Good Luck, Bad Luck. Fate or just pain-in-the-ass reality. My eleven year old looked like a 14 year old when she showed up at the kitchen table in camflouge pants and a black spaghetti strap tank. I explained calmly that this was not an option for school. She called me names and changed her shirt. Then walked out into the 6 inches of wet snow in her slip on canvas sneakers and no socks. I said nothing about boots. I am a good Mother.

No comments: