Thursday, September 6, 2007

Master's degree in Life

From marriage counseling, to couples therapy, to separation counseling to....divorce mediation! It's almost like we started the Master's Degree or something. So today was step one, and the lawyer/mediator said "So I would usually spend some time making certain that you both want this, that you understand you can slow the process down at any point....., shall I go into that?" s2bx and I look at eachother, big smiles creep over our faces and we both say "No, we are really clear that this is what we want." and then he reached over and squeezed my hand and I laughed. I do believe that we confused the hell out of the lawyer lady.

So in my home state we have to fill out a lot of forms, talk to a CPA (that part is a bit of a joke because half of nothing won't help the other half of nothing find something to split. We both know it's a matter of having enough money to pay for braces and after that there isn't anything left.) So...I'm tired. There is something about taking these steps that seems so cavalier - but can still knock me on my ass. I have the house to myself and I think I'm going to just get some sleep - stop all the thinking or few hours.

2 comments:

Froog said...

Hi there, WB, I hope everything's OK with you.

I know the new job must be keeping you pretty busy, but I get a little worried that I haven't heard anything from you for so long - on this blog, on my blog, via e-mail.

By the way, you haven't let me have your new e-mail address yet. (I guess the old work one is closed down now?)

I hope all is well with you and the family. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.